Friday, February 11, 2011

Hiding in the Open



I call this portrait "Hiding in the Open".  That was a term I first got from my Air Force days when we would come up with ways to look like we were working when we really weren't.  Just walk around with a spray bottle and a rag in your hand and nobody will ever ask any questions.  In this picture, the look on her face, the pose and sitting in this windowsill looks like to me like she doesn't want to be seen.  But that's just me.  You may get something completely different from this pic.  You can find this and other pics of model Kaylin Johnson on my web site at www.douggraybealphotography.com.

So it's been a busy couple of weeks.  I've been making several big announcements and today won't disappoint. I've added Zazzle to my menu of sites where you can buy my photography.  Why so many sites?  Well, why not?  Red Bubble is where you can purchase greeting cards and prints up to 8 x12 in size.  Zazzle is for larger prints and Trillium Gallery is where you can find my top 10 prints.  all are printed on quality paper and can be ordered with special protective coating, matting and framing, or just order the pic, itself.  I have a few more to add and will be doing so over the next few weeks.

The truth is, by joining these sites with these amazing artists and photographers forces me to raise my game.  I have found so many great artists and see the level in which they produce work and, while admittedly intimidating, have become more motivated to keep trying new things and continue to improve.  I have two new photo shoots set up for the last two weekends of this month and can't wait to get the concepts out of my head and into my camera.  I don't know if I'll ever get to the level of some of these artists but it doesn't matter to me.  The quality of the journey comes from trying to get there - challenging, experimenting, exploring, testing, stumbling, learning and succeeding.  One pic at a time.

No comments:

Post a Comment

have a thought? Leave a message...